Saturday, July 16, 2011

4/7/23

YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU!

Time for my first school day. I wake up, have a nice cold shower and a breakfast to top it off. I walk to train station, buy a ticket and get on the train. It takes me an hour to get to Fukuoka - local train. The whole ride over I hold my ticket in my hand, bad decision, in Fukuoka the crumpled ticket gets stuck in the machine and I've caused my first fuck up. Oh well, taijobuu!

After leaving the station and by using my amazing map reading skills I navigate my way to Genki JACS. Yuuki-sensei is the first person I meet, I enquire her for the best place where to exchange money, she actually gives me a new map with directions. To the bank!

Oh Japan, why so much bureaucracy!? I have to fill out two papers to exchange money and then another paper to exchange my big Yen bills into smaller bills, this of course takes some time. Eventually I return to Genki JACS and the orientation begins. After that we actually have our first Japanese lesson! We learn how to introduce ourselves and some basic greetings. Exciting stuff!

After the classes end I accompany my new classmate back to the train station through the pouring rain. A train ride later I arrive back at Mikunigaoka and walk home in the pouring rain. Did I mention the pouring rain? Apparently it's still the rainy season here in Fukuoka...

No comments:

Post a Comment